Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving thanks

Well...not doing very well on this whole "blog post a day" thing.  Grandma came to visit and other things just became more important.  So I didn't sweat it too much, and I can't promise that the "every once in awhile" blog trend won't continue.

But today is not about posting, or not.  It is about giving thanks for everything we are blessed with in our lives.  I'm thankful for so much.  It seems like so much of our lives are spent searching for something or someone, improving, striving, moving ahead, wishing, hoping, wanting.  Not enough time is spent just being thankful for what we already have.  So here's my not-all-inclusive list of the things I am thankful for today and every day.

  • Good friends
  • Great family
  • Good health
  • A job I love
  • Our own house
  • The most wonderful husband
  • Being close with my mom
  • Wonky stomach Rottweiler
  • Very naughty Pouch
  • Handsome tiger striped Time Lord
  • A visiting sweet old lady
  • Loving foster homes
  • Blue skies
  • Roadside raptors
  • Food on the table
  • Good beer
  • Weather nice enough to open windows
  • A car to drive
  • Fenced backyard
  • Warm clothes
  • Unselfish people
  • Deciduous trees
My list could go on and on.  Have you ever read the book 10,000 Things to be Happy About (apparently it is 14,000 now!)?  My list would read something like that.  It is the big things, the small things, and everything in between.  Sometimes it is hard to keep that perspective.  Other times, life slaps you in the face to remind you just how lucky you are.  We are here, alive, breathing, hopefully making a difference.  We can't ask for more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment